10 quick steps to starting a Podcast business 2022
Starting a Podcast might sound like an impossible task to do, but with the right help and know-how you can easily start your own Podcast and be the next big thing on the market. Below we have outlined 10 steps to starting a Podcast, which should help you along the way:
We have put together an easy step by step guide on how to start!
What steps do you take to Starting a Podcasting business?
1. Identify your type of Podcast (e.g. Comedy, news, entertainment) and audience demographic (e.g. Millennials, professionals, females etc.)
2. Research tools which you could use to produce your Podcast (e.g. Audacity, GarageBand)
3. Find Podcast hosting (e.g. Anchor FM, Soundcloud) and pay for premium features to start releasing episodes at no cost to your listeners
4. Check out how other popular Podcasts are formatted and put down a rough structure for your Podcast
5. Find out how to get local, national or even international guests on your show (e.g. Skype, Google Hangouts)
6. Look into ways of monetising your Podcast to make it profitable in the long term (e.g. Sponsor events/products, Patreon page etc.)
7. Create an email list (has many benefits over social media) where you can build up a loyal fan base who will attend your live shows and buy your products
8. Start creating content for your Podcast and release your first episode
9. Identify your target audience and create social media accounts to promote content (e.g. Facebook, Twitter)
10. Get live with other Podcasters by attending Podcast conferences or meet-ups which can help you network with peers in the industry