14 Best online course Platforms (Reviewed 2022)
Last updated on the 23rd March 2022 by Lachie Hiriart
To increase sales, picking the best online course platform is essential. The best online course platforms can assist you with designing a course website and accepting fees to publish videos and engage with students. We selected and analyzed the best online course platforms in this review so you can choose the best one for you.
Due to the rapid expansion of online learning due to social distancing, online course platforms are booming. By 2025, online courses and e-learning will be valued at $325 billion.
Are you open to selling online courses and diving into this market?
You require the most effective online course platform.
Here’s the deal: you need to choose a platform that provides your students with a personalized, sophisticated learning experience that is so good that they don’t even realize they’re on one.
If you’re not acquainted with course platforms, they’re web-based tools that allow you to;
- Build an online course website or link it with an existing one.
- Create landing pages for sales.
- Set a price for your course and take one-time or periodic payments.
- Publish your videos, create interactive content with quizzes and assignments, and connect with your students.
- Organize membership groups.
- Organize live webinars.
What are the 14 Best Online Course Platforms in 2022?
- Academy of Mine
Thinkific is the premier platform for selling online courses in general. It’s my top pick because the price is comparable to other low-cost alternatives on this list, and it can provide a high-quality course experience.
- Course websites can be personalized, and you would hardly suspect they were Thinkific.
- The sales pages are well-designed and optimized.
- Student dashboards are attractive and adaptable since you may include text, videos, and any form of downloaded content on the same page.
- You have the option of sending your complete course all at once or drip-feeding it over time.
- Wistia video hosting service that is completely free (a huge value).
- Email features and marketing automation tools.
- Simple free plan to get started.
- You have complete control over the coding of your course site.
- Course certificates that can be customized.
- Domains that are unique to you.
- Help with affiliate marketing and reporting.
Thinkific provides a free test drive that allows you to try out all of the software’s main features without having to pay anything upfront. The Basic subscription costs $39 monthly, the Pro package costs $79 monthly, and the Premier package costs $399 monthly. The basic plan is the best option for anyone just starting because it has few restrictions and limited transaction fees.
LearnWorlds is a powerful online course creation software that includes various interactive elements to help you sell online courses. The platform’s interactive E-Book reader and video player, for example, provide a different experience when compared to other platforms.
The course sales pages and payment procedure have been retooled to enhance conversions and sales. Due to the simple drag-and-drop editor, anyone may quickly develop a course on this platform. It is not necessary to have any prior experience.
You have all you need from your user-friendly dashboard to create high-quality courses and sales pages to boost your course sales, including interactive video features, marketing automation, and responsive layouts. This software includes all of the capabilities required to meet the demands of any digital information publisher.
Key LearnWorlds features
- Reader and Interactive Video Player: The ability to allow your students to engage with the content you develop is a distinctive characteristic of this online learning platform.
- Built-in social media network: You and your students will be able to interact and communicate with one another effectively.
- Effective page builder: Quick-start templates that are fully configurable to assist you in creating outstanding pages.
- Assessment Engine: Advanced exams, quizzes, assignments, and more.
- Support in multiple languages: LearnWorlds provides great customer service in several languages.
- Customize your brand and design with ease.
- Ability to create a blog from scratch
- Content copyright protection
- It is feasible to provide free classes.
- There is a ready-to-use course catalog available.
- Instructors can get help with affiliate marketing.
- Allows for the creation of interactive video content.
- All paid plans have no transaction costs.
LearnWorlds offers a free plan to get you launched. Pricing starts at $24 monthly if you decide this is the platform for you. Many features, such as drip-feeding courses, are included in the plans, and you can effortlessly upgrade as your business expands.
Teachable is a cloud-based course builder with a user-friendly UI designed with newbies in mind.
This is the most often used platform to create online courses. They have over 100,000 tutors who have helped folks just like you and me earn over $500 million on the site.
Teachable is used by big names like Pat Flynn, the New York Times, and John Lee Dumas, and if they trust it, you can too.
All you need to do is fill in the blanks with your material, which you can then edit to appear and function exactly how you want.
All of it, including course sales pages, payments, and your affiliate center, can be simply set up from the dashboard. You can also utilize an in-house payment service to take care of payments.
Teachable has added “Discover,” a marketplace for online courses on their platform. They’re investing a lot in there presently, so I expect it to grow significantly. I can only think that getting your course listed would be a fantastic way to boost course sales.
Key Teachable features
Setup and online certification program: Students who complete your course will receive certificates.
Google forms integration: Employ Google Forms to receive opinions from your students.
Import content: Import content from One-drive, Google Drive, and Dropbox into your learning management system in a matter of seconds.
Convenient payment: Receive student payments in over 130 different currencies.
Multimedia lectures: Make high-quality courses using video, text, PDF files, and audio.
- It comes with a custom domain that you may personalize.
- One-click checkout process
- Navigational functions that are simple to use
- Technical and dependable customer support
- Monitoring and reporting that is extremely effective
- Instructors can get help with affiliate marketing.
Teachable plans are priced differently depending on whatever features you utilize, which is delightful because you only pay for the features you use. Plans start at no cost and go down to $29. Each has an infinite number of students and courses, but you may attempt a free trial if you like to get going quickly and conveniently.
Podia is a user-friendly program that includes all that a digital publisher requires to create and sell online courses.
Podia enables you to organize a webinar, create a membership group, provide downloadable content, and even provide live chat for simple connection with your students, all of which will help you enhance student engagement.
All you need is right at your disposal with Podia, and their live chat widget is a standout feature.
Key Podia features
Digital downloads: Checklists, PDFs, ebooks, and more are available for download.
Email list marketing: Podia has several useful tools, including email marketing automation.
Combine courses: This software allows you to combine comparable courses.
Multimedia courses: Include audio, video, images, PDF, text, etc., in your courses.
Locked content: Remove or grant entry to content in your course management systems for any particular student.
- It’s simple to customize to match your brand business.
- Course previews in real-time
- Create distinct ‘posts’ for the student to encourage student involvement.
- Connect to a variety of tools and services
- Free porting from other course platforms
The ‘Mover’ package from Podia starts at $39 monthly. The ‘Shaker’ option, which allows you to grow your business, costs $79 monthly. A 14-day free trial of the platform is available.
LearnDash is now the most prominent LMS WordPress plug-in available. It’s ideal for anyone who wants to manage their entire WordPress site from a single dashboard. You’ll be able to build and operate your courses using this self-hosted platform swiftly, and you’ll have total control over the development and customizing process.
Other hosted options have limitations, but this powerful tool does not. You get a sophisticated course builder, as well as badges and certificates for course completion. It works with various plug-ins and doesn’t require any technical knowledge to use. It’s difficult to match LearnDash’s capability as a WordPress plug-in.
If you’ve used WordPress before, you’ll find that exploring this course development software is a delight.
The LearnDash WordPress Plugin is ideal for instructors who currently use WordPress and want total control over their course business, covering customization, client data, and branding. Learndash also has several add-ons, such as WisdmLabs’ “Instructor Role” plug-in.
This plug-in’s instructor function lets you add several instructors to your website and establish online courses or schools with tutors, similar to FuturLearn and other course marketplaces.
Key LearnDash features
Advanced quiz: You may use the software to make comprehensive quizzes and exams.
White-Labelling: All materials can be white-labeled with your brand
Learner progress: The user-friendly profile page allows you to keep track of your student’s progress.
Course Awards: Anyone who completes a quiz can receive a reward.
Unlimited courses: As it is a WordPress plug-in, the number of courses you can offer is never limited.
Course progression: Students should not progress until they have finished all previous lessons, quizzes, and learning modules.
- Give pupils hints in the form of visuals, videos, or text.
- A large number of users who are willing to aid
- Create personalized texts for each student.
- Users can evaluate questions and answers on your course site.
- Put the courses in any sequence you like.
LearnDash’s basic plan is $159 annually. It comes with a single site license and an infinite number of online courses and subscribers. As your business expands, you can enhance the Pro package, which costs $329 annually.
Kartra is among the best online course platforms since it is more than simply a course platform. Kartra provides a wealth of features, including checkouts, the ability to construct a membership site, and the opportunity to run your own affiliate program. This is why it is the best online course platform for building a genuine community.
This platform, in my opinion, is beneficial for individuals who wish to expand a business beyond the sophistication of a course platform, rather than only creating courses. You’ll be able to use sophisticated features and tools for promoting your course and be an administrator if you use this platform.
Kartra is perfect for people who want to build a web presence around their course and use sophisticated functionality to expand their business in the future.
Key Kartra features
- Kartra pages: This feature allows users to create high-converting landing pages swiftly, which should improve your ability to gather emails and get the audience to take action.
- Additional integration and APIs: While Kartra provides many unique features, they recognize that you’ll need to work with other platforms. As a result, they provide linkages with hundreds of different platforms.
- Funnels and campaigns: Running numerous funnels and campaigns is incredibly beneficial since it allows you to control the path users take to become students.
- Internal checkout platforms: Kartra users can check out using their software, eliminating the requirement for a third-party interface.
- Helpdesk: Helping students with tech issues is more prevalent than you might expect. The platform includes a helpdesk as part of its core service to aid with this.
- Membership: You may go much beyond one or two courses with Kartra’sfully – featured platform. You can use them to make membership sites.
- Things work together on an all-in-one platform.
- Less technology and less stress is an excellent way to keep things simple.
- You’ll be able to scale your course as the demand for it and the size of your community rises.
- There’s no need to bother about your work being lost because it’s all stored in the cloud.
- It is less expensive than combining all platforms to accomplish the same functionality.
Kartra is $99 monthly on the most basic package. They base their price options on visitors’ activities on your site, which is convenient because you only pay for what you get.
They provide a 25% discount if you sign up for an annual subscription, and while they don’t have a free plan, they offer a $1 14-day trial. Though the one-dollar fee is bothersome, the trial version of this platform is well worth it.
Systeme.io is a fully – featured marketing platform that includes everything a business owner needs to launch and maintain an internet business or sell courses online.
It was founded in 2018 and has since expanded to over 5000 users who rely on its numerous features to manage their online companies effectively.
The email marketing tools, funnel builder, marketing automation tools, and more can all be found on the platform. Here’s a more in-depth look at Systeme.io.
Key Systeme.io features
- Email marketing: Systeme.io incorporates email autoresponder. You can use it to create email campaigns, send email newsletters, and send an unlimited number of emails.
- Online courses: You can create and launch the best online course for your target audience.
- Multimedia courses: Audio, video, PDF, texts, photos, and other media can be used in your courses.
- Funnel builder: The dynamic page builder in this software allows you to create course sales funnels and landing pages in just a minute.
- Product selling: You can sell your products by connecting your Stripe or Paypal account. Your sales funnel can also include down sells, upsells, and order bumps.
- In a matter of minutes, you can develop an online course.
- The software is simple to operate, so you don’t need to be a tech whiz to utilize it.
- A free transition from other platforms is available as long as a paid plan is selected.
- You can integrate with other platforms, but since practically everything you need is already included in the platform, you’re unlikely to require it.
Free plan: ($0) This plan is ideal for those who want to feel for the platform and its features. For being free, it’s a generous service, with sales funnels, limitless storage, and even the opportunity to create an affiliate program.
Startup plan: ($27) This plan is ideal for a new business owner because it includes everything you’ll need to get started. You can also have three membership sites on it.
Webinar plan: ($47) This package is by far the most cost-effective, and it allows you to have two custom domains, three recurring webinars, and five membership sites.
Enterprise plan: ($97) This subscription provides you with 5 custom domains, unrestricted membership sites, and limitless everlasting webinars for larger enterprises.
Teachery is one of the most recent platforms, and it’s well worth checking out. Teachery is a fantastic pick for beginners because it limits several complex functionalities and design elements to provide users with just what they require. Furthermore, they offer zero transaction fees, and that’s a plus.
They set themselves apart by providing a guided lesson to assist new instructors in getting started quickly. Their primary distinction from other platforms is that they are extremely user-friendly, allowing even inexperienced course makers to quickly set up and begin selling courses (online) to their target audience.
Teachery has several advantages, including no monthly fees, an intuitive and simple interface, and the ability to submit unlimited materials to your courses.
Teachery is ideal for teachers who are brand new to the online business world and want to get up and running quickly without worrying about transaction fees.
Key Teachery features
- Sales and landing pages: This enables you to quickly design new sales or landing pages to increase traffic to your course sales.
- Easy to use course editor: They provide a user-friendly course editor that allows you to make quick changes without dealing with complicated technology.
- Simple templates: They provide you with two templates to use while creating a course. This is to keep you from becoming overwhelmed and provide you with a straightforward solution.
- Membership and payment plans: This lets users enter a payment plan for their students or establish a private membership site.
- Beginners are the focus of this course.
- There are no additional transaction fees.
- Everything is unlimited.
- Simplicity takes precedence over sophisticated functionality.
- Email drip campaigns
- There are numerous integrations.
Teachery’s monthly plans begin at $49 and include infinite uploads and courses. You can try it out for free for two weeks before paying anything.
Yondo is a multi-platform video platform that lets you effortlessly develop and sell online video courses through your own customized online store. Sell your courses in addition to your On-Demand Online Videos, Online Group Classes, Webinars, and Live 1-on-1 Video Consultations.
Every stage of the user journey is made easier using the platform. Customers will buy your online courses using video landing pages and an eCommerce website.
Yondo allows you to personalize the method you sell your online courses by allowing you to sell them as one-time sales, subscription memberships, and even time-based rentals.
Customers may take your courses from anywhere because the platform is mobile-friendly and browser-based.
Given that all of these capabilities are bundled into one effective platform, it’s no surprise that this is increasingly becoming a go-to tool for specialists trying to extend their online services.
Key Yondo features
Group classes and live webinars: Connect live with your clients to share your expertise and teach them in a more personal way.
Third-party integrations: Google Analytics, Dropbox, MailChimp, ActiveCampaign, and many other technologies are readily integrated with the Yondo platform.
Round-the-clock platform support: If you need assistance or have any questions, you can contact a Yondo support officer.
Branded online course store: All of your courses are featured on your own branded pages to make it simpler to monetize.
Integrated payment gateways: You can keep 100% of your earnings by incorporating Paypal and Stripe.
Call to action: Employ a call to action to upsell your clients or link them to other pages.
- Design online course landing pages in seconds with your customized template store.
- You keep 100% of your revenue if you use a secure incorporated payment gateway to sell.
- Auto-Return takes your consumers back to the last place they were in your video course.
- Attach files such as an item list, learning materials, or distinct audio or video file for your customers to download.
- Film your webinars and convert them into videos and courses that you can sell on your website.
- To encourage sales, include Call-to-Action offers across your online course.
Yondo’s Standard Plans (Starter, Professional, and Premium) start at $69 monthly (paid yearly) and are ideal for small businesses and entrepreneurs. They also have Enterprise Level plans for larger businesses that require more features, such as more team member accounts or more public videos.
On Yondo’s Platform Plan, you could build your Multi-vendor marketplace to allow third-party experts to sell their services via your white-labeled platform.
7. Academy of Mine
You may design your unique e-learning platform with Academy of Mine. It’s perfect for B2B training and continuing education, professional development, and certifications.
It’s among the best online course platforms for B2B because you can white-label all of your courses to fit your brand and use them for training groups if necessary.
The software allows you to create a fully functional website to host and sell your online training course.
The platform can be scaled and customized. Its user-friendly layout makes it suitable for both novice and experienced marketers. It’s also simple to impart your knowledge and skills to your students.
This online course-building software is undoubtedly one of the most effective ways for educators and businesses to promote their online courses.
Academy of Mine is ideal for anyone or any organization that requires custom-built online learning platforms for training courses. Businesses and coaches in healthcare, education, safety training, law, and other fields are included.
Key Academy of Mine features
Interactive content: You can use interactive video, PDF, and PPT content to keep students interested.
Self-paced courses: Students can work at their own pace to complete courses.
Third-party integrations: The Academy of Mine program is simple to combine with other applications.
Integrated website: Get a new, completely integrated site or link your existing one.
Customized features: Customize the many features to meet your requirements.
- Custom-made solutions for a variety of requirements
- Synchronization with other marketing tools is simple.
- Gamification as a means of increasing student engagement
- Certificates are given out when a course is completed.
- Self-paced courses.
Academy of Mine is available to join for $499 per month. Although there is no free plan available, you can book a demo to see what’s possible with this software.
Kajabi is one of the prominent online course creation platforms that includes sophisticated features like automation to assist you in creating and selling your online courses more satisfactorily. The platform is a fully cloud-based system with several adjustable site templates for creating exquisite online learning courses.
This application is ideal for both newbies and advanced users due to the various features. Non-technical people will appreciate the user-friendly dashboard. You won’t need any specific design abilities to get your custom-tailored courses or digital downloads fully operational, thanks to the drag-and-drop tool.
If you’re new to creating online courses, Kajabi’s course creation tools and marketing tools will prove essential in getting your message in front of your intended audience.
Key Kajabi features
- Multiple site pages: Utilizing their page builder, you may make as many pages as you want for your static site.
- Drag and drop editor: This allows you to create stunning pages without knowing how to code.
- Powerful Email: A built-in email marketing solution is included in the software.
- Round-the-clock technical support: Customer service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Live event capability: Kajabi provides a fantastic feature that allows you to add live events to your site.
- Excellent features for blogging and video streaming, as well as podcast hosting
- Third-party service integrations
- Templates and themes that have been expertly crafted
- App for Android and iOS
- Increased sales through marketing automation
The Basic plan for Kajabi starts at $119 monthly. The Growth plan costs $159 a month and is billed once a year. Before you devote yourself, you can try out the platform for 14 days for free.
iSpring market is a simple-to-use but robust system that lets you create an online course platform in a matter of minutes, upload educational resources swiftly and start selling courses instantly.
You may create structured online courses by combining numerous content in any format using a simple course builder. iSpring enables interactive SCORM courses, polls, and characters created with an authoring tool, unlike all other platforms.
All of your courses are shown on the web marketplace, and each one has its web page with a synopsis, training course, and feedback. You may completely modify the aesthetic of the marketplace to match your brand.
The analytics engine in the iSpring market is superb. You can track student performance and progress and revenue data, which can help you understand what needs to be done in a course to increase earnings.
Key iSpring features
- User-friendly learner portal: All students have their portal to view courses, check deadlines, and keep track of their progress.
- Full LMS functionality: The platform comes with all of the tools you’ll need to manage and organize your learning.
- Gamification: Points and badges can be given to your course participants to encourage them to study even more thoroughly and keep them returning.
- Learning tracks: You can put together a long-term, stage process program with defined completion conditions and deadlines by combining multiple courses.
- Webinar: You may use iSpring’s Zoom integration to host live webinars to advertise your courses.
- Both sellers and learners will like the user-friendly interface.
- All sorts of material, including SCORM courses, are supported.
- Simple domain and style configurability
- The analytical depth and robust reporting
- Coupons for discounted course enrolment
- Certificates can be awarded automatically.
- There are no additional transactions or go-between fees.
The amount you pay is determined by the number of active participants (those who have signed onto the platform in a month) and the amount of storage you have. Pricing is established monthly and is billed annually, with 500 users and 25 GB starting at $77 monthly ($924 annually).
WizIQ is a one-stop-shop for enterprises and instructors looking to offer online classes. It also enables you to offer your students self-paced courses. The platform includes a user-friendly interface that allows you to brand all of your course contents with your brand.
Students can access their courses from anywhere and on any device. There’s a course builder, a test and assessment builder, virtual classrooms, eCommerce, reports, and a lot more on the training site.
You’ll also get features for your mobile app tailored to your needs. Overall, this is a fantastic tool for simulating a physical classroom learning online management experience.
WizIQ is ideal for instructors and trainers who want their students to engage in live online digital classes fully.
Key WizIQ features
Mobile learning management system: Students can access course materials while on the move.
Reporting and analytics: It’s easy to keep track of your student’s progress and performance.
Virtual classroom: Use HD virtual meetings to deliver compelling live video classes.
LSM eCommerce: Sell instructor-led and self-paced courses with ease.
Course assessment: Build multimedia tests and assessments in a variety of formats.
- For an unlimited number of participants, real-time messaging is available.
- Portals for learning management systems that can be customized.
- Train external stakeholders, promoters, or partners.
- Mobile possibilities for learning management on the move
- Easy contact through discussion boards
- Video streaming
WizIQ offers a variety of price choices based on the number of rooms, participants, and subscribers. The most basic package costs $20 per month. Although there is no free version, you can check out the software for 14 days for free.
A robust eLearning platform developer with built-in tools for selling self-paced courses and 1-on-1 group webinars and live classes. You can either sell on your own or ask other tutors to join your platform.
Pinlearn is a one-stop-shop for all of your eLearning requirements. Pinlearn allows you to sell self-paced courses, earn money from live video lectures, and commercialize group seminars all on one platform.
It’s a marketplace for eLearning courses. You can not only offer your courses, but you can also permit other instructors to sign up and sell their courses and lessons. On the front end, every instructor has their Tutor-Dashboard to administer their profile, classes, courses, students, appointments, and earnings.
The platform includes everything an instructor requires to create courses, conduct one-on-one lectures using teleconferencing, and host webinars. The built-in session recording feature makes it even easier to preserve live lectures for later use.
Key PinLearn features
- Live video conferencing: Using an integrated video conferencing tool, event management, and calendar, organize and host online lectures in private and group settings.
- Marketing tools: Diverse marketing tools are integrated for promotions, SEO, notifications, advertisements, and user communications.
- Course management: Using an incorporated course publishing process and commercialization channels, produce and sell self-paced courses.
- Payment gateways: Multiple payment channels are integrated to allow users to make, manage, and oversee online transactions.
- Dedicated dashboard: Tutors, administrators, and students have their dashboard to handle their accounts, records, and activities.
- Detailed analytics: Comprehensive analytic and report generating for relevant users for related data, transactions, events, earnings, and more.
- In only a few hours, you can have your course website up and running.
- There is a one-time fee to possess the source code; there are no recurring fees.
- They provide complete decrypted source code access.
- The website can be hosted on any appropriate web server that the user chooses.
- Different languages can be presented on the website, in classes, and courses.
- It can be used to reach out to self-paced and video streaming tutoring clients.
- The platform can be accessed from a mobile device. Learn on any tablet, smartphone, or computer.
They don’t have a trial offer since they offer source-code access. However, you can test the software in action by accessing a free online demo from their website.
You can buy the source code for a certain package by paying a one-time fee. There are no scheduled payments. Later on, you can enhance your Regular package to a premium option.
The best online learning platforms
It’s a fantastic job to teach courses. However, there are instances when you must devote time to learning, whether to learn how to use particular software, develop a network, design a funnel for your courses, or other skills that will help you reach a personal and professional goal.
Here’s when online learning platforms come in handy.
An online learning platform is a site where online course makers and others can get accredited tutors to teach you about the topics you’re interested in learning about.
These online course platforms are often course marketplaces with a growing student database, which is phenomenal because it fosters more learning environments. Still, it’s also a great way for instructors to gain exposure to potential students.
I advocate using one of my suggested online course platforms above, as you’ll have complete control over all parts of your business. However, these might be a good place to start if you don’t have an audience or learn something new.
The Udemy e-learning platform makes it simple to build and upload courses on various topics, including business, marketing, entrepreneurship, web design, web development, and much more.
It also allows students to work at their own pace, making it an excellent platform for busy people looking to take on challenges in their spare time.
You wouldn’t have to create an audience as a course creator. Instead, simply use Udemy’s large audience of over 30 million students to begin promoting and selling your courses right away. The platform is simple to use, and you’ll be guided through the course creation process at every step.
Key Udemy feature
Multiple Language: You have the flexibility to instruct in various languages.
Monitoring tools: Udemy features excellent monitoring tools to keep track of student development.
Branding: You can use the platform to build and promote your brand.
Video recording: The software includes a lot of useful functionality for capturing high-quality video.
Integration: It has several plug-ins with Microsoft Excel, Google Docs, and other programs.
- The most effective online course marketplace
- Sophisticated behavior monitoring feature
- Make a lesson plan in Excel or Google Docs.
- Record video lectures quickly and easily.
- App for learning on the go
- Many of the most prominent online courses in the world are included.
Whether you choose text or video lessons in your courses, Udemy is free to use. You can immediately begin developing courses. The website even provides free tutorials on how to do it. When you start selling courses, Udemy gets a cut of the profits in exchange for exposing you to their vast marketplace.
Skillshare is an excellent online course platform to assist students in learning interactively and enjoyably. It covers a wide range of themes, including graphics design, analytics, eCommerce, music, food, and much more. They even have classes on how to earn money blogging and even making a living off of YouTube.
When you publish a course on this site, it becomes part of the database, and you receive a profit share of the membership costs paid by those who view your courses. You could also earn $10 for each new member you refer. While earnings are often low, this platform is a good complement to others.
Key SkillShare features
Mobile learning: This helps students to continue learning regardless of where they are or what device they are using.
Built-in audience: You can start selling to Skillshare’s existing audience right away.
Active engagement: Skillshare classes are mostly video-based and encourage active participation.
Social media links: You can boost your sales by linking to your social media profiles.
Earn monthly: Instructors are paid a fee on their content monthly.
- Possibility of passive income
- Video learning on the move from any device
- Scaling and growing an online course business is simple.
- To get started, you don’t need any technical knowledge.
You may start to learn for free on Skillshare. For the first 14 days, you have unrestricted access to all classes; after that, you can pay $8.25 each month to keep access.
Coursera is an excellent online learning platform that allows teachers to create content used by universities such as the University of Illinois, Google, Duke, IBM, University of Michigan, Stanford, and others.
While this is an excellent marketplace, the courses that are designed are of the highest standard, and the platform is only open to teachers who have been invited. Coursera provides students with more than simply courses; it also offers online degree programs.
According to my awareness, instructors receive 15% of the revenue generated by the courses, but the courses are free for the majority of students on the platform. When Coursera personnel collaborate with the academic system or businesses, or when an individual gets Coursera Plus, here is where the money is made.
This isn’t the best place to start if you’re new to online teaching. They’re quite picky, and getting accepted isn’t easy, and it doesn’t look as rewarding as other possibilities.
Linkedin Learning, originally Lynda.com, is the best online course provider integrated within the enormously successful corporate social media network.
Linkedin Learning, like Coursera, is quite strict about which teachers they accept to join their platform, and since they pay handsomely, it’s not simple to get accepted. I couldn’t figure out how much money instructors make, but given the prevalence of Linkedin as a whole, it must be a successful operation.
What to Look for When Choosing an Online Course Platform
Even though all of the online course design software mentioned in this article can be quite beneficial to individuals wishing to establish an online school, it can be tough to know what to look for when attempting to discover the best fit. The list below can assist you in determining which features you should prioritize when selecting an online course platform.
- Established reputation: Choose a well-known online course creation platform with an excellent track record and many positive customer ratings.
- Ease of Use: Consider your own and your students’ skill levels. Choose a course creation platform that is simple to use for both you and your students.
- Appearance: You want a service that offers a wide range of creative and proficient templates and themes, as well as complete customization options.
- Third-party integration: To enhance your teaching quality, choose a platform with many 3rd-party connectors with other software services, such as student information systems, Mailchimp, payment gateways, Google Analytics, and other platforms.
- Marketing automation: Some systems include features to assist you in automating certain portions of your course sales, such as email autoresponders.
- Technical support: This is essential for both you and your students. Choose a platform with a skilled and prompt technical support team.
- Cost: Is the online course platform economical, or does it need a large upfront or monthly investment?
- Special features: What other notable characteristics do the course development website/software have that set it apart from the competition? Collaborating with Zapier or hosting group discussions come to mind as examples.
- Ready-made market: If you do not own your audience to advertise your course to, it is something to think about, and it will assist you in choosing between course design software and online course marketplaces.
Because there is no one-size-fits-all option for online course design software or creating the best online course, recognizing what to look for can help you avoid the complexity and aggravation of choosing the wrong decision.
I hope that now that you’ve read an in-depth description of the best online course platforms for starting your online school, you have a deeper understanding of which one will best suit your teaching methods.
Before committing to a single platform, clarify its course creation features, how it helps you market and sell courses, how it assists instructors, and what student management features it offers.
While these characteristics by themselves will not sell your courses for you, they are essential to your success as an online course instructor.