Screen recording is a feature that has been present in desktop computers for quite a while now. With the advancement in technology, this feature has made the jump to smart phones as well. This article will target the iPhone 12 and show you how you can screen record stuff on your iPhone 12. Although the process of screen recording has been quite confusing on older versions of iPhone, Apple has taken steps to make it much easier in the recent years. Going through the settings may be a tad difficult for people who are new to iPhone but following just a few steps can get you started on your iPhone screen recording journey. For those not in the know, the screen recording feature allows you to record the any video that you are currently playing on your phone plus it’s audio. As years have went by, Apple has been updating their iOS (their operating system) with the advancements in smartphone technology. For example, iOS 14 released in the last quarter of the year 2020 introduce several new features to iPhone smartphones. Examples include better messaging options, improved Apple Maps, home screen widgets and much more.
Despite these new features, the screen recording feature has remained the same since iOS 11. You should also know that before the introduction of iOS 11 there was no in built way of screen recording using an iPhone. Many people were able to do so but it required either usage of a bunch of third party apps, connecting your iPhone to the computer and even jail breaking the smartphone. In short, it was nothing short of a nightmare. Before we move towards the actual steps of how you can use the screen recording feature, remember that you have to set up your iPhone control center otherwise it would not work. Once you are done setting up the iPhone control center, the screen recording feature is just a touch away.
How to use screen recording on iPhone 12
If you want to use the screen recording feature on your iPhone 12, just follow the following simple steps:
- Open your iPhone settings and tap on the “Control center” icon.
- The control center will have a lot of options so keep scrolling down until you find the “screen recording” option. Tap on the “+” icon next to it and the screen recording feature will get added to your control center. If you ever want to remove the screen recording feature from your control center, you can do so by tapping on the “–“ icon right next to it. The iPhone 12 will also give you the option to change its position on the control center so do so if screen recording is one of your priorities. By following these two steps, you have now added the screen recording feature in your control center.
- To screen record stuff on your iPhone 12, open up your control center by swiping down from top right corner of your screen. Then tap on the screen recording icon and your iPhone will begin recording after a 3 second countdown. When you have recorded everything you needed to record, you can tap on the timer that appears on the top left corner of your screen. This will give you the option to stop screen recording. Tap on stop to stop using this feature. Keep in mind this will record the video but not the audio.
- If you want to record the video plus the audio, open up the control center but instead of tapping the screen recording icon long press it for a bit. This will open up a pop up window that will give you the option to enable your microphone while screen recording.
- After you have done screen recording, your recorded material will be saved in the “photos” folder. Once saved, you can use the various edit options to make changes to your recorded material like rotating, cropping, applying filters etc.
- Keep in mind that there will be some limitations to what you can and can’t screen record using this feature. For example, any content from streaming sites like Disney+, Netflix etc. can’t be recorded due to copyright issues.
- In case if you want to record content from such apps, you can do so by doing screen recording through third party screen recording apps. Some of these third party apps include Record It!, ScreenFlowand QuickTime Player. You can get these apps from the Apple store.
Despite some limitations in older models and operating systems, screen recording has become an easy to use feature in latest iPhone models including iPhone 12. There are some limitations to these recordings but you can bypass these using third party apps.
Last Updated on February 9th, 2022 by Lachie Hiriart
For more information on how to start a business Entrepreneurship Group has a number of informative article to help guide you through your entrepreneur journey!
Here are some helpful articles by Entrepreneurship Group to get your business off the ground:
3.Business set up:
4.Entrepreneur Health and well being: